Lead Partner: UGent
Sustainability Support and Information Centre (SSIC)
Sustainability Support in decision making towards the design of products and services for the circular economy.
The solution (technology)
The SSIC provides information on the sustainability of material stocks, evidence on resource efficiency, analysis of critical raw material savings, guidance on innovation options for life cycle impact hotspots, sustainable up-scaling scenarios, socio-economic costs and benefits, job creation potential of new technologies, market potential, recyclability benefits of new waste valorization options, etc. By clustering the available state-of-the-art technologies and these sustainability support systems, the SSIC helps the industry and research community in solution-driven optimization.
Active from January 2016 to December 2018.
Project coordination and management
- Agenzia Nazionale per le Nuove Tecnologie, l’Energia e lo Sviluppo Economico Sostenibile (ENEA)
- Flemish Institute for Technological Research (VITO)
- Fundación Tecnalia Research & Innovation
- Geological Survey of Denmark and Greenland (GEUS)
- Ghent University, ENVOC
- IVL Svenska Miljoeinstitutet AB (IVL Swedish Environmental Research lnstitute)
- European Commission, DG JRC (Joint Research Centre)
- Katholieke Universiteit Leuven (KU Leuven)
- Leiden University, CML
- Nederlandse Organisatie voor Toegepast Natuurwetenschappelijk Onderzoek (TNO)
- Technische Universiteit Delft (TU Delft)
- Université de Bordeaux, ISM
- VTT Technical Research Centre of Finland (VTT)
- Wuppertal Institut für Klima, Umwelt, Energie (Wuppertal Institute)
- Centro de investigación de recursos y consumos energéticos (CIRCE)
- Forum for Sustainability through Life Cycle Innovation e.V. (FSLCI)